Our Shorts Their Shorts is the largest emerging short film network in South Asia. Working on screenings, distribution and experiential events, Our Shorts Their Shorts is directly involved in the engaging audience for development, experimentation and of reacting to the demand for another way of experiencing the film.
Our Shorts Their Shorts Screening Session is a mini short film festival operating as a pop-up, in collaboration with screening partners around the world. Every year Our Shorts Their Shorts programs 12 screening session of short films that are screened in different venues from varsity auditorium to cinema halls.
OSTS Screening Session is an amazing festival that brings filmmakers’ ideas from around the world. The value-added panels and networking focused on short-form content make it very special.
Awards & Prizes
The Screening Session has two competitive categories with certificate and crest to be awarded for “Best short” and “Best Director”.
Rules and Terms
Short fiction, documentary, animation and experimental submissions are split into Bangladesh (OUR) and International (THEIR) categories:
- OUR short fiction, documentary and experimental films must be finished not before 2016. OSTS is particularly interested in world, international or festival premieres. These films may have previously been publicly screened anywhere outside of Bangladesh.
- International (Their) short fiction, documentary and experimental films must be premieres in an international festival. OSTS is particularly interested in the world, international or European premieres.
- Films must have been completed not before 2016.
- Films must be no more than 60 minutes in length – including credits.
- If selected, films must be available for projection in BLUE RAY.
- All non-English language films must have English language subtitles.
- If the film has been viewed/available on the internet without a password, you must submit the film in the Online Streaming category.
- Submissions must be uploaded and submitted no later than the deadline date to qualify for the respective entry fees.
- Entry fees are not refundable.
# If the film is selected, a press kit must be provided. Digital press kits are required through submission platform (Filmfreeway, Withoutabox, ClickForFestivals, FilmFestivalsLife, Reelport, Festhome etc).
- Director’s biography.
- Film synopsis – 200 words.
- Director statement about the film
- 30 second Trailer (if available)
- Film poster
- At least two (2) publicity stills from the film. Stills must be submitted by email (jpg, 300 dpi preferred, clearly labeled with film title–if multiple photos are sent, please label with film title & 1 of 2, 2 of 2, etc) to email@example.com
The festival will not consider:
- Commercials or advertisements.
- The festival does not include “works in progress” in its final program.
- Pornographic content.
Dates & Deadlines: