If your film is selected, we require your film to play in our festival for a minimum of three months starting from the day it first plays in our festival.
You can submit your film to other festivals at the same time as ours but remember your film will be shown online if we accept it. Make sure this doesn’t conflict with any other festivals your film is accepted to.
You may submit more than one film but you must complete a separate application for each film.
You must also have the rights cleared.
You must think very carefully about all the possible rights involved in your film: music, title, story, copyright, life rights, trademarks, logos, etc.
By submitting your film to us, you’re indicating that you own and/or have acquired the rights in your film and have cleared copyright, trademarks and logos of other parties and obtained their authorization.
OSTS exercising its rights to stream your film shall not violate or infringe the copyright or any other rights, including, without limitation, the right of privacy and/or publicity of any person or entity.
It further indicates that you accept full responsibility for any legal outcomes that may arise from the exhibition of your film on the OSTS website and that you waive any moral rights you have in and to the film, as such rights now or hereafter exist, by legislative enactment, or otherwise.
With regard to OSTS’s online film screening this may pertain, for example, to such things as OSTS’s methods of promoting your film or its placement on the festival website.
SELECTION & REJECTION/DISQUALIFICATION
A programmer of OSTS will review all film submissions and contact you should your film be selected. The Film submitted pursuant to these Submission Terms must be submitted in accordance with the procedures outlined herein. OSTS may disqualify or reject any film that is not submitted in accordance with such procedures. OSTS is not required to select any of the films submitted through these Submission Terms for the Festival. THE SELECTION OF ANY FILM IS SUBJECT TO OSTS’S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION AND OSTS RESERVES THE RIGHT, FOR ANY OR NO REASON AT ANY TIME, TO REJECT ANY SUBMITTED FILM. OSTS is not required to provide feedback, reasons or any other information regarding selection or non-selection of any films, including the Film.
Representations, Warranties and Covenants; Indemnification
You hereby represent and warrant that:
(1) You are at least 18 years of age;
(2) You have the right to enter the Film to the OSTS Online Short Film Screening;
(3) You have the right to grant the rights granted therein and you own or control, or have secured and cleared all of the rights, title and interest in and to your Film and all content contained therein and with respect thereto (e.g. music, story, title, etc. from all their owners, creators, writers, producers, etc.) including, without limitation, all copyright, trademarks, logos and other intellectual property and proprietary rights. The Film and all content contained therein and with respect thereto will not: a) infringe, violate or misappropriate any third party right, including copyright trademark, patent, trade secret, moral rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; or b) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights in any person;
(4) OSTS’s use of the film will not constitute a breach of any broadcaster, distributor or other agreement(s) applicable to this Film;
(5) You are solely liable for any damages and other liabilities resulting from infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights or any other intellectual property rights, including, without limitation, rights or privacy and publicity, or any other harm or damage arising from OSTS’s programming of your Film in the OSTS Online Short Film Screening; and
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless OSTS for any claims, demands, proceedings, suits, actions, liabilities, losses, damages and expenses (including legal fees) resulting from, in connection with, or arising out of, any claim that may arise from OSTS’s use of your Film(s) or by reason of a breach of your representations, warranties and covenants.